paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: The inevitable Question: Uh oh.

In Reply to: The inevitable Question: Uh oh. posted by Justin on April 07, 2003 at 21:01:47:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Jason "Zippy" Finnie

on April 07, 2003 at 21:29:51

: Im ready to graduate to a better gun, and the horibble question arises: Cocker, or Mag? Price is not a problem because I can get a GX3 Cocker or a new E-Mag for the same price, so Im now dillemmiafied. Im so confused... Cockers have the ledgendary accuracy and range, even if it is just ledgend, its still cool :). The E-Mag is just blazing fast, drop in a Level 10 and I dont have a chopping problem at all, its got the other good stuff too-The manual mode or electronic mode and the ability to switch back and forth at will. Cockers are just plain COOL though,the back block swinging around in front of your face, the nifty woosh sound they make when you shoot them. Theyre just so COOL, but which do cocker shooters reccomend? Thanks in advance!

I have had the same Mag now for 10 years. Each year I replace the rings, seals, and bolt spring, and check that the sear is crisp. It has been the most dependadle, easy to care for, consistent and durable gun I have owned.

I got a stock '02 Cocker last year and it, as does my mag, remains stock to this day. I had my local shop guy make sure I set it up right, and it too has been reliable and fun.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my Cocker, but, if I could only have one, it would be the Mag. I see too many newbies buying cheaper guns and then dropping in more than the gun cost as far as upgrades only to have a gun still not as dependale and reliable as a stock Mag. Keep it clean, gas it up, adjust one screw for velocity, and go to town. Reg is preset, fast out of the box, awesome gun. Now I am still talking about my stock level 7, but I have fired the E-Mag with level 10, RIPS!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.