paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: now correct me if im wrong (which i probably am)

In Reply to: now correct me if im wrong (which i probably am) posted by Steve on April 12, 2003 at 17:55:01:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on April 13, 2003 at 03:21:32

You are correct in saying that it will be cycling slower, and ball pinches are a reality, not just something people talk about. I had mine stop numerous times the other day on Nelson Anarchy, a extremely brittle paint while I was messing with the open and load times with my Race frame,no hopper just single balling it so you could actually see the pinched ball! I also stuck my finger in the feed tube and cycled the gun repeatedly, a little scary at first but not painful. So yes, the gun will cycle slower. Will you be able to tell the difference? I think not. On full auto mode on the race frame the ram easily keeps up with 15 bps, the highest I've had it so far. Slow? In the computer world maybe, real world, the only difference you'll see is the bolt won't slap around as hard and things won't vibrate loose, I think the lack of ball chops is worth it being "slow". Hope it helps.

Razor

: I am new to the world of autocockers, so please tell me if I am totally off base here...
: In physics, Force = Mass * Acceleration. Now what we are all talking about with low pressure is basically lower force applied to the pneumatic and mechanical systems of the gun (ie bolt, hammer, valve, etc etc) gained by lowering the operating pressure of the gun, right? Now, if that assumption is true, and we leave the mass of the moving parts constant, in order to achieve lower force, we would have to compensate with a lower acceleration of those componants (or would it be the air, I'm really not certain). If it is the acceleration of the components that we must compensate with, then wouldn't that mean that the gun couldn't cycle as fast?
: The only reason I say this is because I hear many stories of people's autocockers having a low enough pressure for the bolt to stop on a ball rather than chop it. I figured the only way this is possible is if the force exerted on the ball is less than with a standard setup, and the only way that would be possible is if the gun simply isn't cycling as fast.
: Again, before you trash me, keep in mind that I am not so much commenting as I am asking questions, so that I can learn a little more about the best paintball gun ever made. Thanks a lot!

: Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.