paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

The Autospirit may have been discontinued...

In Reply to: This is really in response to both..err..responses posted by Steve on April 14, 2003 at 13:05:16:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
BodyByHostess

on April 14, 2003 at 17:33:34

I just looked on PaintballGear.com and saw that they've got the Bigshot in stock, but no longer list the Autospirit for autocockers. I've got a bigshot, but haven't shot it yet, so I don't know how loud it is. From the porting (or lack of) I'd guess it's fairly loud.

New pneumatics will result in no perceptable performance increase. If you want to have an effect on operating presure and efficiency, get a spring set and try lightening your valve and main springs (try the lightest main spring and a medium light valve spring first) and then finding your guns sweetspot operating pressure. Start with the IVG adjusted in a bit but mostly out, then starting at a low pressure, slowly increase the pressure your inline is set at. You should initially see velocity increase as you increase pressure. Eventually velocity will level off and then begin decreasing (this is where the input pressure has more effect closing the valve than the valve spring). Set your reg at the pressure that maxed out velocity. This will hopefully be close to where you want it set. Use the IVG for fine tuning velocity. If the velocity at your sweetspot pressure is too high or low, you'll need to change springs and try again. (stiffer valve spring to reduce velocity, softer to increase it or softer main spring to reduce velocity and stiffer to increase it). The goal is to use the softest mainspring possible.

: Thanks. I've never actually heard a Lapco barrel on the field. Are they fairly quiet? My accuracy so far has been outstanding (putting rounds through 4" squares in a bunker from 120', no joke), so my concern is with noise and self-cleaning properties, so how does the Big Shot perform in these areas? I was also looking at some upgraded pneumatics (most likely a new vertical reg or 3 way). What advantages would either of those upgrades have on the overall performance of the gun? Thanks a lot!

: Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.