paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: C02/HPA variances

In Reply to: Re: C02/HPA variances posted by Dale on April 20, 2003 at 19:04:51:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Wonderkid
on April 21, 2003 at 15:39:38

: You chrono with a velocity screw but if I understand your question, you are asking which gives you the more consistent velocities.

: The answer is Nitrogen because it is a regulated air supply. Each shot is at the same pressure.

: CO2 pressure varies depending on the internal temperature of the tank. Each shot you take evaporates some CO2 in the tank and it gets cooler. The next shot is at a slightly lower pressure so it will be slower at the chrono.

: On the field you get into a fire fight and shoot 50- 100 rounds in 5 minutes and your CO2 pressure has dropped to half it was when you chronoed and your velocity is WAY Down.

: Typical CO2 Example:
: 90 degress F & 1000 psi and 300 fps at the chrono.
: Drops to:
: 40 degrees F & 450 psi and 200 fps during play.

: You get bounces and shooting a mortar while the guy with the nitro bottle is hammering you with paint.

: Go To:
: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2dynamics.shtml

: : Does CO2 chrono the same as HPA/Nitro?

Sorry, you misunderstood me. Let's say I have my gun chronoed at 280 with nitro, i then unscrew it and attach CO2 and my gun shoots 210. Is this noraml? It seems to be to me, but a ref told me they should shoot the same.

Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.