paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re:That will out shoot you for years.

In Reply to: How to upgrade my cocker?? posted by Patriot_Paintball on April 21, 2003 at 20:57:20:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on April 22, 2003 at 13:38:11

Like the man said. Don't go crazy with upgrades.

If you don't have Nitrogen, that is your FIRST upgrade. Immediate improvement in performance accuracy, consistent velocities. etc...

A motorize hopper is Good. You didn't mention.

Thermal lense and extra throat protection is a worthwhile expenditure. I did macreme chain male down from the edge of the mask all the way around to the ears. COOL to wear. Never notice it being there during play...Hangs all the way to the shoulders and chest.

Add a chin strap so you don't loose your helmet off your head if you fall down. Especially if it has a visor or you play scenerio games where they throw a lot of grenades and anti tank projectiles.
The current mask is NOT adequate for safe scenerio play.

First, you have to decide what kind of paintball you plan to play so you can develope you marker for that kind of specializtion. A tournament marker is quite different than my zniper cocker.

I you want to play rec speedball or rec ball on smaller fields then you want a shorter barrel. That is why I have a 14 for smaller commercial fields and a 18 for woods ball and scenerio play.

My performance goals are accuracy and VERY quiet operation.

I have a 98 with a slide trigger, Besales Roller sear(very light pull), Spring set, LP valve(for quiet operation), 2 barrels(18"zilenced and 14"), and a very short 3 way.

The rest of my goodies are external. Zilencer, Auto Rangefinder, Invisible Paint, Home Made Full Auto, Remote air, etc.

There is NO performance need to change ANYTHING in the front end other than the 3 way. A shorter 3 way will reduce the frequency of short stroked chops considerably. They are also a BEAR to time properly so you might defer that until you are comfortable timing an Autococker or someone to help you along.

The stock front reg is Internally adjustable. Once you get it set, you don't want to mess with it. But everyone wants an externally adjustable front reg. A convenience item not a performance item...

My stock ram will cycle faster than my Revy hopper will feed it. No need to change that. Not an issue until you exceed 10-12 rps with a Warp Feed and full auto E grip that no one will let you use on a field going that fast....

I went to "LP" just to quiet the muzzle report. Runs at 300 psi. But stock is 450-500 psi and IS a LP marker. The cocker was the Original LP marker... The HP markers run 700-1200 psi.

The difference in accuracy between 500 psi and 300 psi is measurable but essentially not observable on the field of play....

Going sub 300 psi LP will cost you about $50.

The stock inline main reg is internally adjustable as well. Just need a guage to monitor what you are doing. $15 for a 1" mini guage and it screws right into the hole in the bottom of your front block is. That plug IS a bear to remove. My reg is stock and it can keep up with 10 rps without shootdown. I run cocker regs on my anti tank weapons at 80 psi... Put them on my spyders too. Let me know if you have a stock reg for sale.....

Again. Once you get your setup done, you won't touch it... An externally adjustable reg is a convenience item and not a performance item.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.