paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

ball detent placement

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
chad "_enter_nickname_here_" Kittelmann
on April 22, 2003 at 14:46:57

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have a custom milled cocker body that I picked up somewhere along the way, and I am building a gun for my fiance with it. A minor problem I am running into is that the body has no hole for a ball detent. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to the proper placement of the hole, and standard thread size of most detents? I am assuming that it should be about 1/2" behind the bolt face with a fully closed bolt, just based on my other cocker, but wanted to check here before I start drilling and tapping.
Thanks.

P.S. Learned a valuable 'cocker maintenance lesson at the field the other day. If you all of a sudden can't seem to get normal velocities out of your gun no matter what main spring you try....STOP. Pull the hammer and make sure that your valve retaining nut isn't loose. Luckily I put the gun away and played with a backup before I shot it too many times, but that steel nut banging around against aluminum threads every time you shoot it could probably strip out the threads quickly, and ruin your body.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.