paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Try this.

In Reply to: which barrell isbetter posted by rodman on May 05, 2003 at 21:51:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 07, 2003 at 13:54:17

Play with it for a while. There are LOTS of guys at your local field that has one of those barrels and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. He might be willing to prove it if you asked.

Borrow his and take a trip to the chrono station and shoot a couple of groups with your paint through each barrel.

Then decide if that 'improvement' in accuracy (and there probably will be an improvement with a Boomstick or Freak), is worth the money you would be spending...

If you Can / Can't see the difference in a 30 yard pattern then is it worth $120?

Different budgets give different answers...

Now you are a rec and scenerio player. If quiet operation is an important factor for you (and it should be) then think All American Front end.

They are very quiet. Threads are interchangeble with the FREAK and can be ordered with the Freak back and inserts. (same company - Smart Parts)

About $75 and specify what bore you want the insert for.

You can order a second insert bore later if you need one for about $40 each. Or a second barrel front length.

Or if money is no object, Get the Freak system with all 8 bore sleeves and the All American Front end of you choice.

Now a 16" All American will be a little quieter than a 14". And a 14" quieter than a 12". Etc.

I have a zilencer on a 18" and it came in real handy last weekend during the night game. 20 yards apart in the woods with no moon or stars.

I hear 5-6 guys talking and stalk to them. Find a good piece of cover behind the trunk of a big cedar tree and they are across the road. I started on the right and ripped about 15 rounds a foot apart going right to left for about 10 feet. Got 3. One returns fire and he is hitting the brush 10 feet to my left. I sent 10 rounds his way again strafing right to left for about 8 feet. Got him. Another buddy up the way sends me inbound. Again off to my left. Again a strafing burst and he is gone...

Love that zilencer. They hear me but can't really tell where I am unless they see me.

We had a great night by the way. My buddy and I got 4 props all by finnesse, diversion, and deceit. None by brute force....

One enemy squad walked up right behind us to help defend the fuel dump that we were trying to attack.

"Don't get too excited guys. You the reinforcements to the fuel dump?"

"I guess".

"Take up perimeter positions about 30 yards that way. Watch out for Allied up there a few minutes ago."

"ok"

They walked right up to their own defenders that opened up on them and they both went at each other for the next 5 minutes.

While they were going at it, we had circled around and were walking down the road towards the Opponents Reinsertion point. The 3 survivors of the firefight were in the brush next to the road.

I was walking with my flashlight on to pass for a Dead German and my buddy following in the dark about 15 yards back.

"Don't get Too Excited Guys, I'm heading for the German Reinsertion" (truth but deceit)

"OK"

I walked right past them and as I passed the fuel can (ammo dump prop) I grabbed it and took off running. They opened fire on me and my buddy opens up on their backs. They all died. We did a U turn and took the can back to our reinsertion point for the points score. Allied 10 kills + 1 heavily defended prop. Germans ZERO, Nada, Suckered and embarrassed....

The highlight of the night was slipping in behind some dead germans walking back to their base and I literally walked into their base with my RPG and took out the stationary tank from 6 inches away. Scared the begibbers out of the guys in the tank...

Bunkered their TANK with a RPG!

My buddy was with me but peeled off as we got to the base cause he saw a prop good for points.

Turned out to be the German Battle Plan for the Day Game the next day. Big Points and RECON INFO!

Night games are ALL finnesse.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.