paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: cocker triggers

In Reply to: cocker triggers posted by Collin Schmidt on June 03, 2003 at 22:22:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on June 09, 2003 at 11:52:36

First you have to decide electronic trigger or mechanical trigger.

The ROF fans go for the Electronic triggers. Lots of products and since I don't have one, I will let others share their experiences.

The 'Play-in-the-Rain' scenerio players go with the mechanical triggers.

A shorted stroke 3 way WILL reduce the frequency of short strokes and reduces those problems. A worthwhile investment.

In the mechanical triggers, there are the slide triggers and the 'Hinge' style triggers.

The Hinge triggers also reduce the frequency of short strokes effectly but if you look at your finger travel pulling a hinge, it is often MUCH longer than a slide. Even with travel stops, they finger travel is much longer than the 0.125" of a stock slide. That functionally slows your rate of fire down and that is why they work so well to reduce chops... They "FEEL" good because you have the increased leverage on the long trigger. The trigger pull feels much lighter as a result.

The slide trigger has a nice option available. The Roller Sear. A tad expensive in the $50 range but you can easily have a sub 2 pound trigger pull that is very smooth. A snipers dream trigger.

A roller sear won't do squat for short strokes but allows you a very light, very short stroke, that you can pull VERY fast once you build your finger stroking skills. Best of all set ups short of an electronic grip.

Mine set up is a very short 3 way with a Smart Parts roller sear and spring sets.

I've played with my cocker since 98. Once in a while, I still get excited in a firefight and try to fire too fast and wind up chopping or jamming a ball. Got to learn to stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, and stroke.

I play scenerio games almost exclusively now. Last year there was 6 but this year there are 18 games within a 5 hour drive of my house.

Played 6 so far and got rain on during play for 3 of the 6 games. One drizzled constantly for both days and the night game. Played a Big Game Dec 6 last year with 5 inches of snow on the ground..

Even made my RPG with No electronics for the same reason. Works great in the rain....

Got 5 tanks at D Day this year with my RPG. Like shooting ducks in a barrel when you have a spotter with a radio or yell to ID the tank as friendly or hostile. I'm roadside in a hole of stomped down ragweed standing 5 foot tall. I blast the kill plate from 10 feet away before they know what happened. They never saw me but the dead German tanks radioed the other tanks giving away my position. No problem, just cheating...

So I made a new hole 50 yards up the road. They come back by hosing the ragweed with their machine gun where I had been and when they roll past me again. They are dead again... They spent the rest of the day mowing down roadside ragweed patches with their machine guns.....

I ALMOST pulled the trigger to nail a Big Noisy Army truck full of players. My spotter didn't tell me there was a transport truck in front of the tank that was comming. It rolled by and their is a rectangular marking on the side of the drivers door that is same size and looks just like the painted ones on the German tanks.

I came way too close to pulling the trigger. I
scared the begibbers out of the driver riding along with his window rolled down and no facemask.

I jumped up out of those weeds like a Jack Out of the Box with a RPG pointed at his door from less than 10 feet. Whoops! Sorry! We were all lucky I didn't hit him up the side of the head with a Nerf rocket and cause him to loose control of a truck full of players. You guys have to be CAREFUL with those things.

I did manage get the following German Tank.

Then I had a chat with my spotter to improve our communications and decided NOT to be quite so trigger happy..... Ain't worth taking a chance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.