paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Be careful with LP

In Reply to: Not the Black Magic posted by Dale on June 10, 2003 at 10:19:34:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Ras Masyean
on June 10, 2003 at 13:47:34

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I believe the LP route requires not just a vavle. Ur whole system has to be designed arround LP for it to work properly. Soft springs to increase valve dwell. High flow bolt for efficiency and consistency. "Great" paint barrel match. And most important...a very consistent air source. i.e. lets say you have 20 psi fluctuation. At 400 psi input, that's 5%. However, at 200 psi input, that's double! I used a AKLMP upgraded cocker and with one set of paintballs, 200 psi input, lapco microshot, IVG all the way back, fps = 281-285. Then I used another set of paintballs and just that one change...fps = 255 - 270! So the size musta been the culprit, cuz if it was the same size but different quality, only the consistency would be effected. That's a big difference!

: It is a pretty gun but like the other post said you don't get any performance components.

: You get an externally adjustable inline reg.

: A ported barrel that isn't anything special other than ported.

: People feel free to correct me but it doesn't come with a LP valve so it shoot stock pressures.

: Anything else guys?

: The rest is pretty stuff rather than performance stuff.

: I believe all the Gen X come with LP valves. If you get one lube the internals first thing. They come dry as a bone and your velocities and performance will inconsistent. They say you have to break in the reg. Just lube it.

: To avoid buying a marker that you have to turn around and spend more money to upgrade, here are the MAIN upgrades you need to shop for.

: LP VALVE, Shortened 3 Way, Decent ported barrel. I'm a slide trigger fan with a Roller Sear in it.

: It will out run a hinge because my finger moves only .125" front to back with that shortened 3 way. Not too many hinges have shorter pulls than that with you finger pulling down there at the end of that long lever.

: Externally adjustable in line and front regs are a worthwhile 'convenience' item. Once you get them set, you won't be touching them.. Stocks are internally adjustable and ONCE you get them set, you don't have to worry about bumping the knobs and getting out of adjustment.

: Now I have an moderately upgraded 98 cocker with an angle feed. Have played 9-10 years and since 98 with the cocker. Something you should know, it still out performs my ability to operate it. Any cocker you get will outperform you for some considerable period of time....

: Don't go crazy with upgrades unless you really thing you will be able to observe the performance improvement on the field of play.... It you can't SEE it, then it probably wasn't worth the money..

: You didn't say what your performance goals were, what kind of paintball you plan to play. Tournament, Rec Ball, Scenerio Ball, All the above. That makes a difference in what you buy.

: IF PRETTY isn't something you want to pay extra for and PERFORMANCE is, then I vote you take a hard look at a stock cocker like the man said. Even a used one.. And upgrade it. Even cut a "package deal" with a local store.

: Add the price of a good barrel ($80+), shortened 3 way ($35), LP valve and springs ($50), Roller Sear ($50), and maybe an adjustable front reg for $50 and compare that with what other markers you might be buying with those components already in it.

: Then it will feel and perform like a $1200 Evolution Cocker. For about half the price.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.