paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I'd save a few bucks...

In Reply to: Good Setup? posted by metalmylisha on June 12, 2003 at 17:09:15:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
BodyByHostess

on June 13, 2003 at 10:51:10

: In a couple of weeks, I'm going to get upgrades for my 03 autococker. I was going to get a Shocktech Supa Fly bolt, Shocktech front block, angled reg mount, torpedo reg, powerlite septra barrel kit, and a system x drop. I already have a ricochet 2k and a N2 tank. Is this a good set up? Thanks

That would be a fine setup, but consider this before you spend all that money. The stock components on a 2K3 cocker are a far cry from the stock components of the past. They may not be pretty, and may be hard to adjust, but they will perform right alongside anything you can replace them with!

First off, the hopper & N2 tank were good starts. The barrel is another needed upgrade. I'm not familiar with the powerlite personally but I've heard good things.

The drop is a matter of taste as is the 15 degree ASA.

The torpedo reg is a fine choice, but...the stock reg is pretty good (underestimated) performer too. Feel free to replace the reg, but understand that all you are really paying for is external adjustability. Any difference in performance (good or bad) will be pretty small. So, consider hanging on to the stock reg. It's not a sexy looking, and is a little harder to adjust, but once it's set you really don't need to adjust it often.

The same is true with the front block (I'm assuming you're talking about the entire front end). The Shocktech kit is a great choice (I have a bomb 3-way and FGP reg on my marker), but just keep in mind that you are primarily buying cooler looking parts and a more easily adjustable LP reg. The stock front end components will perform as well (or nearly as well) as any aftermarket parts. The bomb might be a little shorter than the stock 3-way (but not all that much...not even close to half as short), the FGP reg is externlly adjustable (that has some value, but like the inline, once it's set you shouldn't have to touch it), and there's nothing special about the Shocktech ram other than it will look nicer than the stock brass one.

The same is true with the bolt. The stock bolt will perform as well as the Supa Fly. If you're replacing the stock bolt because you think it will somehow perform better, you will be dissapointed. Any performance difference (good or bad) will be extremely small. All you get here is a bolt that looks cooler!

If you still want to replace the stock parts, go for it! I just wanted to make sure you understood what you really are paying for :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.