paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: month old autococker problems

In Reply to: month old autococker problems posted by gregh on June 24, 2003 at 22:43:44:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
FreakishImpuls
on June 25, 2003 at 08:37:20

Timing is definately off, check out Ravi Chopra's 'cocker page.
http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/ACTroub.html
Good luck, cockers can be very frustrating if you aren't familiar with them.

: My 13 year old son wanted to upgrade from his custom 98 after 2 years with it and I wanted to get into paintball so he spent his work savings on an 03 vertical feel autococker. THe internals have been upgraded by Free Flow with their kit and the front end(the three ways and such) has been switched to the higher line WGP which I can not think of the name off hand(whole front end was taken off and swapped with this one). The gun worked great for about a month played Sunday with no problems(about 10-11 th time out he plays about 5-6 hours at a time).

: The problem...tonight he was checking speed for the indoor field and gun started burping. After firing correctly(he is running HP system) it stopped shooting right and breaking balls. He tried adjusting the knob on the front end(I don't know the tech terms he does though) to no avail. We happened to be playing at the shop where all upgrades were bought and installed so we had them try and adjust but to no avail(theswe were not their "experts" just employees who ran the field and had cockers. We could not get the gun right and after all their adjustments I think the gun might even be more messed up. Is there a book or online guide with steps to troubleshoot one of these things? or does anybody know a procedure to follow to get these things tuned in right and not just making adjustments(they said cocking rod waas not right changed that, timing, "the rock"(what my son called it, the rods, timing adjustment in top of gun etc...
: What steps are needed and what should we do first, try to adjust timing first or something else? We can take it back to the store when the auto cocker expert is there but we need to be able to fix this on our own without running back to the shop everytime. My son is good mechanically and became a tippman expert teaching himself how to disassemble and put back together and works on his friends guns(though I know the cocker is way more complicated), so I know we can pick this up just the trial and error fixing is frustrating. He had the gun working great tonight but then it started burping again after about 60 rapid fire shots. He loves the gun and its accuracy and consistency just needs to figure how to maintain it as it seems to go out of tune after use.

: Sorry for the long post and thanks fdor your opinions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.