paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

The voice of moderation here.......

In Reply to: Autococker Upgrades posted by Adam on June 30, 2003 at 11:56:32:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on July 01, 2003 at 10:48:27

I run a 98 and as parts wore out I upgraded with the replacements. It STILL shoots better than I do. The marker WITH the upgrades are NOT the LIMITING Factor in Accuracy, Rate of Fire, etc.

Your FIRST UPGRADE is always a Nitro System - best performance bang for the buck you can buy.

The motorized hoppers are almost a requirement. You don't need more than a Revy unless you are getting a E Grip to go in excess of 10 BPS.

The upgrades that I felt were really worth the money to go out and replace parts that are perfectly functional are:

Shortened 3 way.
LP Valve
Besales Roller Sear
Madman Spring Set
Aftermarket ported barrel

Everybody is making the BEST Thing Since Sliced Bread for the Autococker. They are trying real hard to convince you that you can't play paintball without it or how it will compensate for your inability to learn how to stroke the trigger properly when you get too excited...

Then the guy that spent his $100 on that gizmo REALLY NEEDS TO BELIEVE he got his moneys worth and tells everyone how cool it is to have one.

ALWAYS ask yourself if the 'improvement' in performance is actually perceptable on the field of play.... You can see it! You can tell it is working the first day.

Borrow a marker from the guy that thinks he has the coolest setup and shoot a hopper of your paint through it. How much better is that set up compared to Yours? Then ask yourself if that was $300 worth of 'better'.

Don't fall for all the hype.

Technology WILL NOT make you a better paintball player. Practice will......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.