paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Bent Stainless???

In Reply to: Bent Freak posted by Spray-N-Pray on July 09, 2003 at 16:59:10:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on July 10, 2003 at 09:01:29

Take apart the two sections and roll them on a flat surface independently.

Stainless rarely bends. I have a Dye stainless that I have abused in every way since 98. I fell full body weight (220) across it running up a ravine. The barrel was fine. Thank God I had a Benchmark Grip to take the torque from the tank screwed into it. Want to know what broke?

My rib.

Now the stainless sleeve on a Freak isn't as think as the wall on a Dye but Stainless bends and springs back. You should remember the hit if it was acturally bent.

Raises the question if the front or back has been machined off tolerance. It wouldn't be the first Freak that was returned for warranty replacement.

Seen many posts here and elsewhere about binding threads, fronts not screwing in all the way into the back section, etc.

If it is NOT obviously bent burt misaligned threads, then you could have a warrenty claim.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.