paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: autococker not cocking?? or something else??

In Reply to: autococker not cocking?? or something else?? posted by kin chong on July 31, 2003 at 02:56:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Vampyr

on July 31, 2003 at 20:33:27

: WHen i first manually cock the gun, the first shot fires(dry fire)(makes a loud *pow* sound), the second shot, all i hear is the ram pushing back the back block and it looks like its not cocking the gun all the way. SO when I pull the trigger, it just operates the ram, I don't hear a shot go off. I think its not cocking all the way.
: Is there something wrong with the RAM or soemthing else???
Alright, 4 things.
As said before #1 check that the cocking rod isn't backing out.
#2 Manually cock the gun. Then pull the back block. when it contacts the cocking rod, it should pull the cocking rod an additional 1/8" or so beyond where it touches the sear. If not, check that there is a small gap between the backblock and body when it is full forward. If not, either the backblock is screwed on too far, or the ram has screwed itself into the pump arm. It should have been locktited from the factory. If that is OK, you need to adjust the nut on the cocking rod until it pulls off the sear as above.
#3 with it manually cocked, wiggle the cocking rod. Then slowly pull the trigger. If it slipped off the sear when you wiggled it, or fired immediately, adjust the lug (as stated before)
#4 if that was fine, the timing rod/ or trigger stop needs to be adjusted. If it has a triggerstop just back it out a bit and see how it goes. If it still has the problem, you need to delay the closing of the bolt. With the number of Hinge/slide/x-way combos, it is easier to say look at which direction the rod moves, and adjust the timing rod so that the x-way gets to it's point later in the trigger stroke. (longer for a slide, shorter for a hinge.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.