paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

You are on the right track.

In Reply to: Re: I am a fan of the stock regulator..... posted by SniperD on August 04, 2003 at 21:06:23:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 05, 2003 at 05:17:52

: I already own a macro line kit but my assumption was that the 90 degree elbow had to be removed before you could get to the adjuster under the bottom cap. If this is so it makes sweetspotting much easier.

The bottom third of the stock reg screws off to expose the adjustment. So the 90 degree elbow does not need to be removed and reinstalled. Just disconnected from the hose (Macroline) to you can unscrew the cap off.

It is an O ring seal and should be finger tight only. If the 90 degree elbow was installed with the end cap ON the regulator, it has NOW been jammed on sooooooo tight you will go crazy getting it off without scratching up the finnish of the reg. They naturally crank the fitting with a long wrench in as far as they can get it and still pointing in the right direction. Prevents leaks. Totally logical. Ditto the Top section is jammed together with the body of the reg and Maybe even the whole reg into the ASA.

If a shop did it, let them deal with it and you want a replacement for all pieces that the finnish is marred.

If You wind up having to deal with it. You can try some of these strap grippers recently seen around the hardware stores. Trouble is you need two sets. Vice grips or a vice can mar the finnish and even crush the wall of the body out of round.

I bought a used reg that wall totally jammed together. No way to get it apart. I wound up grinding two very small flats on opposite sides of each section. Just enough to get some hold and leverage on the two jammed pieces.

One set of flats went in a vice and an adjustable wrench on the other set. Popped right apart. Just helps to have another reg apart right next to you so you can see where the THICK sections are and
where NOT to grind the flats.

I could generate a picture for you if you want to see it.

Lets hope the guy that installed it, did it with the cap off the reg. But I'm betting he didn't.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.