paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Cocking Rod Loosening

In Reply to: Cocking Rod Loosening posted by SniperD on August 05, 2003 at 17:44:13:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 06, 2003 at 11:33:40

They are probably unrelated issues. The tightening of the cocking rod should have no effect on the 3 way. If you didn't cock the hammer when you gassed it up, a low presure reading behind the valve could allow the hammer spring pressure to push open the valve slightly and make it hiss though the barrel. Might be mistaken for a 3 way leak. The pressure behind the valve ALONG with the valve return spring helps seal the valve.

My LP set up will leak through the valve unless I cock it first.

Gas her up with a full tank and see if you still have a problem.

: I recently got my gun timed and after firing it for some time I noticed that the cocking rod had come loose. I then took pliers and only slightly tightened in beyond the point that I could not tighten it with my fingers. After doing this my tank had only a little bit of air left in it. So I screwed in my air tank and my shocktech bomb 3-way started leaking and when I fired the gun it made a weird sound. This is my first time depleting a nitro tank with a shocktech bomb 3-way and is it the norm for it to leak off the last bits of air when there is no air left in the tank or could that little 1/8 turn of the cocking rod screwed up my timing?

I suspect this because the cocking rod was not tightened with pliers when brought to the shop to be timed. Do you think the weird sound was being made since there was only a little bit of air left to supply the gun? Hope this isn’t confusing.

: Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.