paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

hopefully problem is solved

In Reply to: Return it for a refund or replacement posted by Dale on August 06, 2003 at 11:26:37:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
gregh
on August 06, 2003 at 20:29:27

OK first of all let me say ProPaintball/FreeFlow have been very good about trying to get gun straightened out. They have upgraded parts on it at no charge better ram, better/newer style cocking rod not to mention a bunch of free air fills, some free paint and some nice discounts. I took it in today and it seems the sear had dropped/loosened up some and was not catching right. They set it back up and we took it to the field and the gun seems to be shooting right and fast again. The velocity was still jumping around a little but the Dusk paiont we were using was a little loose in the barrel. The shots were in the 203-210 range with the occasional 225 or 175. I picked up a new back for my ultralight that fits Marballizers perfect and I have a case of them so if that is the problem the velocity should steady out.

: If they can't fix their own stuff, you deserve a replacement marker and let THEM send your defective one back to the engineers and quality control people to figure it out.

: But you are having shootdown and THAT could be related to your air supply. Have you tried a different air supply. Using a preset? Or CO2?

: Sometimes the nipple on the ASA doesn't depress the valve stem far enough in to open fully enough to supply high rates of fire. But at slow fire rates at a chrono, they usually 'catch up' and build full pressure between chrono readings. It only shows its ugly head during field play when your ripping away.

: A quick test is to cut a 1/2 diameter disk out of a milk jug or 2 liter soda bottle and put it in the ASA between the nipple and tank valve stem. That will depress the valve stem about 0.005" and should make a very noticeable improvement if not an outright cure if THAT is the problem.

: Then you can go back to the store and play the "No it is the tank that is Defective and Not our ASA game."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.