paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Tip and Trick for doing just that

In Reply to: What it will show you... posted by BodyByHostess on August 11, 2003 at 11:37:45:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 12, 2003 at 19:13:06

A 1" diameter mini guage will fit right in the hole with NO clearance problems against the inline reg.

It will be facing down but it is in a well protected area unlikely to get banged around. I left mine in quite a while until I quit messing with my LP set up.

I am of the opinion that one doesn't NEED to LOOK at a regulator guage during play.... Nor have I observed anyone else doing it.... Ya just need it for tweaking and tuning.

A LARGER diameter guage WIll have clearance problems with the inline regulator.

But if you want to remove the front block OR remove the Regulator at the ASA, you can install a 90 degree fitting facing left or right side of the marker. Then you can install a larger gauge if you want one.

I decided to see if a little more volume would help my marker before I coughed up $30 for a volumizer.

Just screwed a 3 inch section of pipe into the front block plug hole, put a union on the end of that, and used the guage as a plug. $5 in parts but ugly as sin...

In my case, it had no effect. so I saved $25.

One could use the 90 degree fitting facing FORWARD and might get the pipe to fit right under the shroud if you used a cap on the end. Haven't tried it so you are on your own....

I am Sooooo CHEAP... I admit it.

Be sure you get a guage in the psi range you are looking for. 0-300, 0-500, 0-1200, and 0 - 5000 should all be available at your local retailer.

I originally used a 0-1200 and could barely read the 300 psi on the guage. Very hard to adjust using it. Got a 0-500 which worked nicely until I got stupid and hooked it up to a regulator set at 700 psi by mistake and watched it twirl around the dial face twice and then cease to function. Whoops!

I now have a guage that permanently reads 125 psi.

That guage is now FOR SALE: $5 to the guy that wants bragging rights for the Lowest Pressure Cocker in town.

I said I was Cheap, didn't I?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.