paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

O rings take a set.

In Reply to: Re: I need help with my 98 autococker PLEASE!!! posted by Poldo on August 16, 2003 at 21:40:38:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 17, 2003 at 17:23:27

If it was in time 10 months ago, why would it be out of time? Not very likely. Don't compound your problems by messing with the timing, sear lug adjustment etc if it was working properly when you put it on the shelf 10 months ago.

Velocity a problem? If velocity wasn't 10 months ago why would you need to reset the velocity by adjusting the velocity screw?

Well, because your said your ball had no velocity.

I assume you had a full tank of air that hadn't been lying around for 10 months too.

I assume the bolt wasn't installed upside down.

When you turned up the velocity, the hoses blew off.

I'll bet you turned up the front reg and NOT the velocity screw in the back of the receiver.

You are going to write us and say you do have an adjustable front reg right?

Then the hoses got put back on and they still blew off when you gassed it up again.

Now are blows OUT THE FRONT REGULATOR with the hoses on? That is a sure sign of a front reg NOT functioning and needing to be rebuilt.

Well, the hoses weren't installed properly, the front reg not reset to proper pressures, or the front regulator is no longer operating properly and you have same pressure out of the front regulator as the out put of the main inline regulator.

Being stock? - would be in the 450-500 psi range. More than enough to blow the hoses off again.

Back to the original problem - low velocity.

You can bypass the front pneumatics by simply screwing out the front regulator adjustment to zero air pressure If you still have pressure holding the ram in the bolt closed position then your front reg needs to be rebuilt.

Remove the inline reg and have your local shop measure its output setting and make sure it is functioning properly. It would be nice if they could measure the output of the front reg too. Get both set at proper pressures resembling the stock settings.

I'm betting the O rings got flats on them sitting on the shelf. So the front reg leaks and doesn't function. Blows the hoses or does nothing at all.

Velocity could be a function of Low Pressure from the inline regulator. Same basic problem. O rings with flats on them from setting around too long without use.

Lastly, how about taking out the hammer, bolt and giving every thing a good cleaning to get out all the caked up paintball paint, oil, dirt that has gotten all crusty and gummy for the last 10 months. That could cause velocity problems if the hammer doesn't slide properly.

Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.