paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Maybe, maybe not....

In Reply to: I bet it would. posted by Dale on September 13, 2003 at 17:51:52:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on September 15, 2003 at 14:23:55

I just tuned a year old stock cocker, and it was pre set at 300 psi from the factory. A friend has his Ebladed cocker running at about 220 psi with a 450 preset crossfire,a Free Flow valve (exactly like the Orracle valve that I use) with a messiah reg that runs great. He wishes he'd gone with the 850 output just for versatility to use on other high pressure guns. I agree with Dale, I'd lean toward the 850 to be sure, but if your gun already has some tweaking done to it, it just might handle it okay. Hope it helps.

Razor

: : will a 450 preset starve a sidwinder AKA on a cocker?

:
: IF you still use the autococker reg it will STARVE. The stock reg is set in the 450-500 psi range. You will have next to NO pressure differential between the two regs. Thus FLOW RATES will be very slow.

: Generally, the accepted rule of thumb is to have at least 200 psi differential between a primary and secondary regulator.

: If you go to a 450 pre set, you'd better have a LP valve in that cocker and the secondary reg set at 250 psi or lower. THAT would BE a very Low Pressure LP setup.

: Otherwise, why pay for a regulator you don't need? Twice as many things to go wrong and twice as hard to figure out WHAT went wrong!

: You could REMOVE the stock reg and just run off of the 450 psi preset. Drop a little weight (assuming the 850 preset and 450 preset weighs the same. But if you ever want to go to LP in the sub 300 psi range, you have painted yourself into a corner with a 450 psi preset. You MIGHT have flow rate problems you can't resolve and have shootdown aka starvation.

: If you bought the HP preset 850 psi then you would have the pressure differential to feed the flow rates required without even thinking about it.

: Those are the pros and cons as I understand them.
: I would lean to the 850 preset. Bet it is cheaper too.....

: BUT you could ask to HOOK one UP before you buy it and let it rip in the store.... Shooting only air.

:
: If you ARE having shootdown, the pressure will drop. The sound of the marker shooting with get lower in frequency and a little quieter. But this would be SEVERE starvation. If it was on the edges you likely would not hear it.

: Is there a E Grip in your future? Have one now?
: If so, get the 850 preset....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.