paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

A note from the OLD FART.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Reply to: I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION FOR U KIDS posted by Trev-o knoxville on October 24, 2003 at 19:46:57:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on October 26, 2003 at 08:59:45

: IS A 2003 VERT FEED AUTOCOCKER VERY HIGH MAITENANCE THANX FOR THE INPUT

Cleanliness is a virtue. Autococker, Spyder or Tippman. ETC. The best way to have a trouble free day of paintball.

The bottom rung on my ladder is keeping a marker clean and oiled.

Now SOME people would call that "high maintainence". They buy Tippmans....

Then EVERY BODY can't resist trying to tweak the autococker. Then they screw it up, get confused, make it worse, get some bad advice, and it all goes to the dogs. They get frustrated and grump around on the Forums and we get you fixed up...

Now SOME people would call that "high maintainence". It is just the learning curve.

Then people want to "upgrade" the autococker or whatever marker they buy. They don't realize that when you increase the markers performance, you are getting closer to its maximum performance limit. The point that it physically CAN'T perform any better. As your upgrades approach those limits, EVERYTHING has to be adjusted PERFECTLY and EVERYTHING has to work TOGETHER! When you are tuned right at "the edge", it can all go to heck if the temperature drops 30 degrees. It will push your marker over the edge.

Now SOME people would call that "high maintainence". They are probably right in my opinion. I have one of those and when it acts up, it goes in the case and I take out my $20 E bay, 12 year old, stock Spyder Classic and TRY REAL HARD to show those young kids that "technology does NOT make the player".

Basically, more upgrades you buy, the fussier it will be to get it all to work together.

Over time Then you learn how it works internally. You know its 'personality' with your particular combination of upgrades. You can tear it down completely THE NIGHT BEFORE, put it together, tune it and go play with confidence.

Then you can leave it basically alone with routine cleaning and enjoy playing with it week after week without any tweaking required.

Most people would call that LOW maintainece.

It think it is fair to say that the first year of owning an autococker is a LOVE -- HATE relationship.

When it is working, you LOVE it.

When it is acting up, you are having NO FUN on the field and you HATE IT.

But I don't see too many cocker owners ABANDONING the cocker for something else. Usually for the really high end electronic markers rather than back to an A-5.

TIP:

Only do ONE thing at a time. One tweak and remember HOW to get it back to where you started.

OR Buy ALL the upgrades at once and let the shop install them. Then THEY have to screw with it...

OR buy a marker with all the upgrades you want already IN IT from your local store that will be willing to TEACH YOU how to keep it in tune.

One of our area stores puts on workshops for a FEE for each brand marker they sell to teach people how to tear down and reassemble their marker. If they bought their marker from them and have been to their workshop, they get FREE store support for problems that develop. Otherwise they charge labor to fix their marker and that is usually MORE than the workshop fee. They make the NEXT workshop..... Everyone seems happy with this arrangement....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.