paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I have had one for years....

In Reply to: hammers posted by matt carter on October 21, 2003 at 19:39:16:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on October 26, 2003 at 09:23:23

You can't tighten it unless you drill a hole which I also don't recommend. Decreases resale value dramatically....

It has a nylon set screw. Mine has one for the sear lug and ANOTHER for the cocking screw to keep that sucker from backing out.

What you do is remove the hammer to set the Tension of the nylon set screw. It doesn't take much to keep the cocking screw or sear lug from creeping on you. Remember the sear lug has to be recessed inside the body of the hammer or you can't reinsert it into the receiver. So just set the tension, install the hammer and THEN set the sear lug depth...

I made the MISTAKE that you suggest in your post that you would ALSO MAKE. I tried to crank it down like a regular set screw on a grinder pully or something like that.

I didn't know it was soft nylon until I felt the hex head corners round off as I torqued it with the long end of an Allen wrench. It was a REAL Pain to remove and replace. A VERY light touch. Just a LITTLE tenson will keep it from creeping.

Over time the cocking rod has been in and out so many times for chronoing that the nylon set screw has worn. It has to be re-adjusted periodically. You have to remove the hammer to do that. To do that, you have to move the sear lug into a recessed position. So it wears too. A pain for me.

I have my upgrades done and set up working so I rarely have to adjust the sear lug. Usually when it do a complete tear down and cleaning about twice a year.

So when the cocking rod starts to get loose, I just put up with it until a do a cleaning and have the hammer out anyway. I'm used to checking it and making sure it is tight. It is routine and automatic now. Don't even have to think about it.... I even catch myself checking it during games if their is a pause in the action.

BUT WITHOUT A DOUBT, they are WORTH the money to keep that sear lug from creeping as your marker gets older and those sear lug threads start to wear and get loose. Being a TIGHTWAD, I would go out and buy one for a new marker. I would wait until the problem develops.

Who knows, you might decide to spend your money and time of something other than a fast paintball marker. Like fast cars and fast women... You are in BIG Trouble if you like all three....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.