paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

You LUCKY Dog.....

In Reply to: Just got a new auto cocker 2k3 posted by Chronik on October 29, 2003 at 22:02:53:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on October 31, 2003 at 09:34:22

Now I play ONLY scenero ball and occasionally rec open play. I am interested in PERFORMANCE only. Cosmetic Looks have no interest for me.

You didn't say what you play to want an upgraded autococker to use for a "Back Up".

You will get as many opinions as people you talk to so here is just one more but now you know where I am comming from after 6 years with an autococker.

No matter WHAT marker you own, Nitrogen is ALWAYS your first performance upgrade.

The stock front and inline regs PERFORM as well as any aftermarket reg out there.

Both are internally adjustable so the external adjustability IS Convenient but does nothing to enhance performance. Still, I own an adjustble front reg but use the stock inline.

Watch them flame me now.

A Ram is a Ram. Unless you want a PRETTY ONE, no need to upgrade. Mine does 10 RPS and maybe more if I get a Halo to feed it faster to find out...

The "high performance" pneumatic parts with the TWEENY WEENEY port barbs freak me out as a flow restriction that could reduce rate of fire capabilities. They seem to work but not on my marker....

You WILL benefit from a shortend stroke 3 way. Reduces the frequency of short strokes and chops.

Bolts are bolts. Until you get well past 10 rps with an E blade, you don't need a lighter bolt and it ain't that light relatively anyway.

The stock bolt has as much FLOW as any other out there I have TESTED. Just use your stock bolt and chrono 5 balls. Then just sway bolt with the Super Duper Whatever Bolt and do the same. The one with the higher muzzle velocity is the most efficient.... Borrow one and do the test before you cough up the money...

You have the slide trigger. I and everyone else that has pulled the trigger on my cocker LIKES the very light trigger pull produced by my roller sear. Not real 'crisp' but butter smooth for squeezing off a well aim sniper shot.

And you can play in the RAIN with it..... The E markers tend to stay in the box when it is raining. At our local field, I have yet to see a guy with an Angel walk up the creek much less RUN up one...

I went Low Pressure for TWO reasons:

1. I wanted a real quiet cocker for sniping and concealment.

2. I can use thin shelled LP paint (Hellfire) that will break in the barrel of a HP marker. It functionally gives me 10-15 yards more RANGE for a consistent torso break on an opponent.

Barrels: The ported barrels are quieter than the stock one for sure. I would beg to argue about accuracy.

Accuracy is a function of paint quality. Most players buy a barrel to INCREASE Accuracy but find out they can't even SEE the difference using their favorite paint. The improvement is there but one has to bench rest it and pattern it to See the Difference.

My sniper barrel is two stock cocker barrels put end to end. Cut the unported section so the overall is 18". The ported section has 492 ports covered with a 10" zilencer. Believe it or not I proved you can have TOO Many ports. Doing another to make it even quieter.

BUT ACCURACY is NOT an Issue. Why do you think they named me Head Hunter.

My single shot record to date was a 60 yard, head shot on a tank driver that stepped out to take a whiz. I will be the first to ADMIT it was a LUCKY SHOT because my paint is NOT that accurate at 60 yards. But have no doubt if you are standing still and I can see you, you are at risk at 40 yard and longer.

I'm sick of looking forward to another winter with my favorite paint (which is made a smaller diameter for winter play) that rolls out the barrel when I point it down. So I bought a 18" Freak System with a stainless back(I fall down a lot) Just for the inserts. I plan to bench test my stock cocker barrel based 18" againt the 18" Freak with my favorite paint just to SEE what the difference in accuracy actually is.

That would be about it.

Remember one thing about upgrading an autococker. The closer you get to the max edge of performance, the higher maintainence and more troublesome it will be. Remember is IS right at the edge of NOT performing at all when you do that. Just cross the line and you go crazy...

Everything has to be absolutely PERFECT to work at that level of performance. Fair warning.

Think about it. The stock cocker will out perform and out shoot 95% of the players holding it..... Any way you want to measure it...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.