paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Air is ALWAYS much better than CO2

In Reply to: Air is ALWAYS much better than CO2 posted by Dale on November 14, 2003 at 10:25:46:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
gregh
on November 20, 2003 at 00:06:31

CO2 without siphon will freeze your 3 way in cold temps or with rapid fire. Just saw on Sunday a guy toast his 3 way(what shop said) when he ran out of air and decided to run on CO2. #way was ruined and he ended up buying a new one as was cheapest way out. My suggestion is always before buying a high line gun(cocker, Impulse, Angel etc...) first buy an air tank and run it on your old gun. As soon as you save up more $$ to make up the cost of highline gun then get it and you won't have to worry about CO2. As far as 4500 problems I live in Roch NY and HAVE NO PROBLEMS GETTING 4500 FILL. I was at the last few Castle Conquests at EMR(look at Rec sections to see about EMR) and 4500 was not a problem and these are some of the biggest scenarios around with thousands of players. Local fields also have no problem with 4500 fills. Only problem I ever ran into was local stores without comprssor and just scuba tanks just being able to give a 3000 fill(if lucky as most of the time they are low on air and give an 1800-1200 fill). To me it depends on the gun as cockers are pretty air effecient so a 68 3000 works well. When I run my Eclipse Impulse though I will only use the 4500 as otherwise I am getting fills much more often.

: It will use it OK but hey, If you live north of the Mason Dixion Line, you won't be able to use CO2 in sub 50 degree weather without STILL experiencing shootdown. It won't take long for the CO2 to drop temperature and thus the operating pressure below what your inline reg is set at... Then you have shootdown.

: CO2 is DIRTY! Grinds up O rings if you don't clean your internals REGULARLY.

: Pure Energy makes some very nice Steel tanks that are affordable.
:
: 47 ci - 68 ci - 72 ci x 3000 psi.

: Don't even think about a 4500 psi tank unless you have checked with local players and found out for sure that they regularly get 4000 psi fills from the local stores and fields. I have one and I can't get over 3000 most of the time anyway. Been to only ONE scenerio game where I got 4000 fills all day long. The compressers can't keep up with the demand. Lucky to get 2500 at most scenerio games during the day.. So why pay extra for a tank you can't benefit from.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.