paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

One old guy to another.......

In Reply to: AIGHT KIDS I NEED SOME HELP!!!!!! posted by Trev-o knoxville on December 12, 2003 at 23:10:59:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on December 15, 2003 at 09:50:09

Same here Scenerio play almost exclusively.

You have to narrow it down with your performance goals. Mine was quiet operation and the all important Quest for Accuracy. You basic zniper set up. LOW Pressure. As low as I can get and darn the efficiency...

Slide trigger. They play rain, shine, snow and blow. I have a nasty habit of wading creeks, ponds, etc because everyone else is like a cat and can't stand to get their feet or marker wet. Rules out an electro marker for me. Maybe you too.

If I was going to get an electro, I like the Impulse with the Vision system... Been out a while now and I don't see or hear too many complaints nor a lot of USED ones or sale.
LP operation and very quiet..

I am also keeping an eye on the Palmer Pursuit Shop's New Blazer. Eyeballed one but haven't had the opportunity to talk to anyone that owns one yet. The part I LIKE is that it weighs 2 pounds and is basically a hybrid cocker with all the pneumatics on the BACK where it should be for a semi.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/blazer.htm

My cocker is heavy plus all the stuff I hang on it. A zilencer, Mag Light, Grenade Launcher, rangefinder, stuff like that. Starting carrying a RPG too so the air tank via remote stopped being practical. The remote kept getting tangled up with all the RPG stuff so it went back on the marker ASA. Still Tweaking.. I need the excercise.

You talking about Tactical Marker's VF? You will be pleased to hear that it is very well built. Heavy and bulky in length but looks so bad. Feels and handles like the real thing. Has externally selectable fire modes and you can FEEL which mode it is in instead of pushing buttons and trying to read a LED display without glasses. You can switch modes instantly on the run to match the tactical situation. It is also a blow back and fairly loud like other blowbacks.

It is also undergoing a name change because of a trademark lawsuit. It will be sold under the name "Tactical Markers" - something.

You may hear stuff about no service and parts being available. That is from the Dot Com site that owns the name and nothing else. Since they sued, they are not getting any parts or markers.

Tactical Markers Has the license to manufacture and distribute. They are the guys with the PARTS and SERVICE. So a name change is all you have to deal with in the near future...

You can also join their scenerio teams and play with other tactical marker owners as squads at games... Only Tactical Marker owners can join.

When 30 of them are at a game and standing together, they look rather intimidating. We, The Militia, still kicked their butts at the Battle of Berlin - Tour of Duty Series. I will give them an excuse in that WE had home field advantage... They may be joining The Militia for D-Day in OK next year.

Your welcome to join either.. You can join the Militia and not even OWN a marker. We will put you in a role or hand you a RPG to play with. Bring the significant other and kids. WE have lots of non combat roles for players that don't want to run and gun... We recuit heavily for them because the MAKE the difference in the outcome of a tactical scenerio game. At T-3 last weekend a 16 year old girl that had NEVER played paintball before got MOST Valuable player from our team. She never fired a shot... But she persuaded a player on the other team to give her his team colors and radioed troop movements, numbers, and destinations to our side for the rest of the game. We had a reception party waiting for them and they had great difficulty completing any missions for points. Turned a close game into a decisive victory...

Just let me know any interest in hooking up with a nationwide scenerio team for your local games.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.