paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Dye Reflex Autocoker or Impulse...Please Help!!

In Reply to: Dye Reflex Autocoker or Impulse...Please Help!! posted by Speedysotcker on December 12, 2003 at 19:46:54:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on December 15, 2003 at 10:13:39

I don't play tourney ball so for what it is worth.

If I was going to get an electro marker, the Impulse Vision would be one of my choices. A lot of them out there and no complaints from the field. Also, very few used ones for sale. What does that say? Reliability.

But I play scenerio ball in the rain and wade the creeks at night so a mechanical slide trigger is for me...

When a cocker is properly tuned it is basically then stable performance wise. All you have to do is keep it clean and lubed. When you start tweaking it, (I have yet to meet someone that hasn't tried) you detune it and it causes a multitude of problems until you learn how to tune a cocker yourself.

The first year of owning a cocker is a love hate relationship. When it is rocking, you love it. When it is acting up, you'd rather play ball with a 12 year old spyder.

The day before a game, I do a diagnostic. Check the muzzle velocity and set it. Check the ram/bolt ball chute clearances, the cocking rod-excess travel to be the proper spec. Do the TP (toilet paper) test to make sure it is timed properly. It will literally suck a ball into the chamber when timed properly. We use a ball of toilet paper to check the suction.

A overall visual inspection. Then gas it up and cycle it as fast as I can without paint. No burping and misfiring then put some paint in it and let a half hopper rip as fast as you can and still stroke it properly. If it all checks out, then I am ready to play...

Bring your tourney buddies to a scenerio game as a squad. If you haven't tried one, you should.
Last weekend we have 6-7 tournament teams that didn't want to do missions. They wanted to run and gun as we call it. Grouped them together and told them to attack their HQ all weekend long to disrupt their missions. Took a couple of players with RPGs with them. They went and did it. The first try was 20 minutes in the game and the HQ and General was killed by a RPG round. They tied up a LOT of their troops for base defense after that. We lost count how many times the HQ was blown up. Did 4 times in one hour in coordination with an Air Strike, two helo drops with demo satchel charges, timed detonation satchel charges hidden in their HQ timed to blow up when their reinsertion was reporting into the HQ. They were sooo frustrated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.