paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Damaged and Replaced Ram

In Reply to: Damaged and Replaced Ram posted by Paul on December 27, 2003 at 21:28:35:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
K Keaty
on December 30, 2003 at 13:16:46

Your ram is not reliably cocking the marker. So, assuming you have not changed the depth of your sear lug, and that you've checked your cocking pressure (by raising it a little to see if that solves the problem) the adjustment to make is to the either the thread between the cocking arm and the ram or to the cocking rod. With no air supplied, cock the marker, and pull the block back so that it rests on the cocking rod. Look into the breech to see where the bolt is.

If the cocking arm is screwed too far onto the ram, the block will not be able to reach the cocking rod. If so, this is it. Back the rod off of the ram a little farther than it takes to reach the cocking rod. I had one cocker on which the ram worked its way into the rod as I shot until I finally had to use red loctite to hold it out.

If the bolt is partially in the breech but resting on the cocking rod, back out the knob on the cocking rod until the bolt is just clear of the breech.

If the block rests on the cocking rod and the bolt is very far back from the breech, you may need to screw in the knob on the cocking rod.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

: I had to replace a busted ram now I can't get it too shoot right. One out of every twelve shots actually comes out of the barrel and the rest just pile up in the barrel. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks

: Paul pigseye1069@hotmail.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.