paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I'll give it a try.

In Reply to: also posted by azlan on December 31, 2003 at 15:19:16:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 03, 2004 at 16:02:57

"also when i first put air in it shoots great but after 20 shots it stops shooting paint and air then about every other pull is shoots."

If it stops shooting paint and air, then the hammer isn't hitting the valve. The sear isn't engaging the sear lug consistently.

That could be because of the depth of the sear lug, the 3 way timing, cocking rod length, the ram connecting rod length and a variety other things or combination of things.

Don't ya love your cocker yet? Just like a woman. When there sweet, there sweet. When there temperamental, they are tempremental...

Your description MIGHT give me a clue. Shoots for 20 shots and THEN the problem crops up resulting in shooting a ball about every other trigger pull. If that was ripping 20 shots as fast as you can go and then experiencing the problem MIGHT suggest the beast's air flow demand is out running the front regulator's ability to supply it. Thus it has a pressure drop at high rates of fire by simply not being able to fill the ram piston chamber up to the necessary pressure to generate the force necessary to compress the hammer spring and engage the sear consistently. While your not hitting the hammer and skipping a shot the front reg has time to 'catch up' even at the SAME cycle rate because you didn't have the accompanying loss of air behind the valve from firing. So the SUPPLY pressure is higher to the front reg. That extra supply pressure adds extra flow to the front reg and allows the front reg to 'catch up'.

If this is the case, it should completely disappear if your fire slowly like 3-5 rps. Manually give the front reg flow time to build pressure. If it doesn't, it is most likely something else. A slight increase in your front reg pressure could also confirm this if it reduced or eliminated this problem.... It is also the fix. Easy and quick to check and fix.

So let me know after you check this. We will walk you through it. I'm just making educated guesses right now. Need more detailed descriptions....

The next bit of information I need to know is if it is 'burping'. During the cycle when it doesn't fire, does it make a air sound down the barrel. Quieter and low volume. A "burp". Caused by the hammer moving forward when the ram moves forward to partially strike the valve and partially opening the valve? That doesn't HAVE to occur but if it does, it would give me a big clue...

The next bit of information is to try to dry fire the marker super SLOW. Cock the hammer manually to start. Pull the trigger SUPER SLOW and HOLD it fully pulled. THEN release the trigger SUPER SLOW until the 3 way closes the bolt. Did the cocking rod cock or did it move forward with the back block when it closed?

You don't seem to be having any feed problems so I assume the bolt is opening far enough to feed balls properly.

Try that and send me the info here or E mail me.

Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.