paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: nitro tank for cocker

In Reply to: nitro tank for cocker posted by Orracles_rock on January 05, 2004 at 21:51:06:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 06, 2004 at 11:47:38

Well the steel tanks are a LOT less expensive than the fiber wrapped ones that can be twice the price.

Pure Energy makes a 71 ci x 3000 psi in a Steel for about $130?? You would have to have a REAL efficient marker to get 1000 rounds.

Ask someone else what to expect because mine is a GAS Hog. I get about 500 rounds out of my 68 x 3,000 because of the 18 inch barrel and other mods I have. Very inefficient. But somewhere in between 500 and 1000 would be realistic.

Steels re-certify easier than the fiberwrapped. Easier standards for it to inspect and pass.
The outside can have dings that pass and that a fiber wrap would fail. I have one of those brown, orphan soxs from the drier that I recycled and slipped over mine to protect it and cover up the white label in the woods.

Make sure you can actually GET a full 4,000 psi + fill BEFORE you spend the extra money to get a 4,500 psi tank that many will tell you to get.

My boy has one and rarely gets a fill past 3200 psi because the NEW supply tanks come FULL at 4,500. If they have used any out of it, you can't get 4,500. And they won't switch to a new tank just to please me until the tank is down to about 2500 psi. So ask around to players that HAVE one. See who, where, and IF they can get FULL fills.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.