paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: Ultimate Madness "cages"?

In Reply to: Ultimate Madness "cages"? posted by Kimmo Kainulainen on April 08, 2003 at 00:52:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
PigTech

on April 08, 2003 at 10:18:47
Forum Moderator

: How did the field "cages" work in the Ultimate Madness?

: Just wondering if any paint got outside the netting, when hitting the cagepipes? The system looks pretty nice and I think it is easier to set up than hanging the net from ceiling, too.

: Anybody who was there, how long did it take to set the fields up and take them down? Did they use any machines (lifts etc.) or could it be done entirely by hand?

: Kimmo Kainulainen

Yes, there was some splatter through where paint hit poles. The netting used was thinner than normal paintball netting, but it was double layered for the first 8-10 feet from the ground, and I am not aware of any instance where an intact ball or even significantly large chunk of ball made it through the net. The splatter was not bad, as the poles are fairly narrow, so not that much paint hit them. Because the system is netted over the top, no paint bounced up and out of the cage. I've never been to an event that lacked top netting where there weren't balls that came over the net. For an event where cleanup and general site clenliness off-field is important this looks like a good solution.

There were two scisor lifts and a single gooseneck lift used in the set-up of 6 fields. If time were not critical, I believe a single scisor lift might be enough. The cross beams have little lock buttons (like a colapsable tent pole) so you must be able to get up to the top of the arches to assemble the cages.

The drawback to the cages used was their size, they would be too cramped for anything but a 3 man. It seems possible though that they could also be built to larger sizes.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.