paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Depends...

In Reply to: This sound like a good sponsorship to you? posted by James Roberts on May 14, 2003 at 14:34:37:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Chris Raehl
on May 15, 2003 at 14:01:14

If my team was, say, Aftershock, probably not. ;)

For the right team, it's a good deal. Does the team have the financing to get to all the tournaments you're paying the entry for? Are the players on the team the kind of people you'd like to have as employees? I know a lot of our college teams have similar deals, minus perhaps the $9k in entry fees, and probably fewer hours, but they're all pretty happy with it - having to pay less to play in exchange for a "job" that only requires their time on weekend days is a pretty good deal for college students.

On the other hand, maybe the players on that team have TOO much money. If the team is 15 guys who work 40 hours a week and are well paid, their weekend time may be worth more to them than free entry and cheap practice. Or maybe a field down the street is willing to give them more, who knows.

I do think, however, that the MOST important issue here is whether the players on the team are people you WANT around your field. I'm sure we're all aware of the tournament player with the unhealthily large ego, and no matter how GOOD the team is, you'll be doing yourself more harm than good if you're essentially paying them to be at your field all the time ticking off your real customers. If they're good guys who can engage your real customers in the game, then they'll definitely pay for their sponsorship many times over.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.