paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: NEW YORK CUP

In Reply to: Re: NEW YORK CUP posted by megabyte on July 17, 2003 at 09:43:45:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Hedshot

on July 17, 2003 at 21:13:50

There were pros and cons to the NY Cup. There was a lack of many things promised on the website, but I don't think it was from lack of trying on the part of the promoters. I'm still waiting for an answer to what happened to all the events that were planned for the event. I believe that the guys did the best they could and that they never expected the NY Cup to turn out as big as it was. I'm not making excuses for the disappointments we all felt. Overall, I think the refs did an excellent job. With any tourney, there will be some controversy, and teams that were not happy. Yeah, so it's not up to the level of NPPL tourneys, but how could it be? This was an open, and rookie division event, not pro/am. I would like to call upon all teams in the CNY area to band together to really promote paintball and get it in the public eye positively. There is so much potential in our area, and so many great teams that are really great sports. We just need a boost. Get the word out, talk to people, tell them about the tourneys and about your teams. Invite them out to play and watch! And denounce stupidity like this Hunt for Bambitricycle that will stir up nothing but trouble for the sport.
I know a lot of you were disappointed with the event, but please be patient. I don't know much about how the 5-man went, other than it went past midnight. The 3-man went well I thought. I think that next year will be much, much better.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.