paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Smart Parts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
_Hollywood_

on July 26, 2003 at 17:24:27

I'll be the first to admit that all I know of the Smart Parts controversy, is what I read here, and on other boards. Most of it is negative, and a lot of it is emotionally charged.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Smart Parts has created a public relations nightmare. It's doubtful they did it deliberately, as any sensible businessman would never do or say anything that would harm his business. My opinion, is that they did something without realizing or understanding the stir it would cause.

Now, they are stuck with it, and if they do not exercize some "damage control" very soon, they may well wind up with a reputation similar to the ones enjoyed by some of our sport's other boondogglers, and it will hurt sales, and attendance at the events that they promote and/or sponsor.

I have noticed that Smart Parts has been strangely silent on the issue. No employee or management member has gotten up here, or anywhere else, and tried to explain their side of the controversy. I am of the opinion that they better do it quick, if they want to have any chance of countering all the negativity.

Thee was a statement attributed to General Creighton W. Abrams, who succeeded General William C. Westmoreland as the commander of US forces in Vietnam, in 1968. "Bad news, like bad wine, is not improved with age." And Smart Parts is making a huge mistake if they sit on this thing without comment, and hope it will go away in six months to a year.

Since I do not have all the facts, I'll refrain from making any comments about the issue. But I will urge Smart Parts to get their side of this controversy out here, for all of us to see. If they do not, many of those who read the boards are going to assume that their silence indicates guilt in what they are accused of doing.

"Hollywood"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.