paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: nppl Miami

In Reply to: Re: nppl Miami posted by _Hollywood_ on November 10, 2003 at 22:00:30:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
jm

on November 12, 2003 at 23:02:54

: : After having my belongings stolen from the parking lot and talking to the other people who were robbed I have to ask Why Miami.

: I'm not sure, but I think the decision to hold the game in Miami was made to honor the memory of Maurice Gibb in his adopted home town

:
: The police told me they have so many robberies they have to take reports by the phone only cause they dont have enough officers to send to the scene. If your going to hold a tournament in a marshmallowhole like Miami you should post a warning for the players and fans.Having poor security on thursday didnt help either.It was a great tournament and very well done ,but WHY MIAMI

: For the most part, security was reasonably good. The Miami-Dade County Sheriff's Office had a very visible presence on the site, and the DAK security people were on the gates and in the parking lots.

: Unfortunately, there are some thieves that are resourceful and clever. I heard reports of a thief that used a master remote to unlock several vehicles, and steal a number of high end guns.

: I'm going to assume that the affected vehicles were rented, and that being the case, the first place I'd look, would be employees of the rental agency. They would probably have, or could probably get access to, master remotes to unlock vehicles and vehicle trunks, especially if the car rental agency has a fleet of vehicles from the same manufacturer.

: Also, security is not going to bother anyone that looks like they belong. If the thief is wearing a paintball jersey, and walks up to a vehicle like he owns it, he is not going to attract the attention of the security people.

: In all probability, the thief knew your vehicle, knew what it had in it, and knew how to get at it without attracting attention.

: "Hollywood"
Yes Miami has so many resourcefull thieves so thats my point why deal with it when there are so many places that are better. They could honor M.G. by having the tournament in his home state
why deal with all the lowlifes in Miami.If people start having their events elsewhere maybe the government in florida will clean that place up

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.