paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: BoneBreak sponserd by panam and in first?

In Reply to: Re: BoneBreak sponserd by panam and in first? posted by PigTech on November 26, 2003 at 09:32:59:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Stephan "Junkie23" AJ

on December 07, 2003 at 02:11:47

Having just played in the Pan Am in Las Vegas, I have two opinions on the subject.

Dan Bonebrake is awesome. He is a great guy who obviously loves the sport very much. He wants to see it in its' purest form, as much as anyone who plays competitively or devotes their time into promoting or enhancing it. He is the reason our team could afford to play at the Pan Am, he hooked us up with a good deal on some cheap paint. He also made a good call by zeroing out Fatal Swoop, they were pretty much all Am players, and played in the Novice division.

That said, I saw first hand more wiping go unnoticed in my life. This was due in large part to the fact that the reffing staff was about 2/3'ds of the size that it should have been. In NPPL, they have like a 2:1 ratio of players to referees, wiping is virtually impossible under those circumstances.

I know many of the Bonebrake guys and scrimmage against them regularly, and have seen first hand the level of play that they are capable of. They are a huge reason that Team Element had such an awesome run at the Commander's Cup in Miami this year. I have no doubt in my mind, after watching the 7-man Amateur finals in person that if they played how i've seen them play, they have won the series fairly.

I think improvements in the Pan Am Refereeing staff should be a priority for next season. I'm interested in seeing how the XPSL thing plays out. Could be a very good year on the Pan Am circuit if things fall into place!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.