paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Paintball Toxcitity Reported in Dogs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Tank Girl
on January 04, 2004 at 16:56:30

A major veterinary publication (Veterinary Medicine Dec. 2003) recently published an article that outlines several cases in which dogs that consumed paintballs became sick.
From Jan 98 to Jan 2003, 44 cases of dogs becoming sick from ingesting paintballs were reported to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. Symptoms reported were vomiting, ataxia (acting disoriented,) diarrhea, and tremors. The number of paintballs consumed by the dogs that became sick seems to vary greatly. In some cases, the dogs ate as many as 5oo balls, in one case a 90-pound lab got sick after eating just 15 balls.
Just wanted to get this posted in case anyone's dog (or any other pet for that matter (i.e. cat, ferret, bird... ) has a thing for eating paintballs. I worked with a doctor once that had a dog that loved them.

I'm a vet tech and the doctor i work with brought this to my attention as she knows that i play and i figured i'd pass it on.

-Sarah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.