paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Paintball Writers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
"Hollywood"

on June 18, 2004 at 11:21:15

It has occurred to me, that all too often, the writers get the short end of the stick. Look at any slick magazine, and it exudes money. Hell, just look at the rate cards, and see what they charge advertizers.

And after you see that, you can lean back, and wonder why the writers get what amounts to less than minimum wage.

This, to me, is unacceptable, but it won't change, because we allow the publishers to shaft us. What we need, is to unite into a single body - a paintball writers' association - and speak to the editors and publishers with one voice.

What we write, is our intellectual property, and most of us are selling it for a pittance. Well, I have news for some of these publishers: Writing is work. Good writing is hard work, and should be compensated accordingly.

Let's talk about this, both here, and face to face at the IAO. A lot of you will be there, and it will be a good place to bounce ideas off each other.

Ken "Hollywood" Gilder

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.