paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Us OLD Guys have to stick together.

In Reply to: Rookie's perpective posted by Clayphoto on August 09, 2003 at 11:30:46:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 10, 2003 at 11:31:16

Your kids get you started too? Thats what happened to me. Now I play more than they do.

They grew up and have their own bills to pay now.

We mostly agree.

I have a helmet for sale. A swat team style configuration with a padded liner and chin strap. A quality product but NOT a real Kevlar helmet.

The reason I am selling it is simply because it is too hot to wear! Sweat starts dripping down in no time. Even in 60 degree weather. But I sweat a LOT being an old fart at 54.

I have taken a Nerf RPG to the facemask and survive and am personally satisfied that It would provide adequate protection. But FULL head coverage is probably in our future for scenerio play.

If I took that RPG in the back of the Head, I'm sure it would have knocked me silly.

I used to duck down until I took about a 100 rounds on the top of the head. Ouch! Now I duck sideways or just take the hit so I don't get nailed in an unprotected area.

The trick will be designing full head coverage that will stop a Nerf Rocket and offer protection but be cool enough to wear year round. Maybe a design like the bicycle helmets with staggard venting strips or holes.

I picked up a 50 cent bicycle foam/plastic helmet at a garage sale and pondering how to cut it up to fit it with my JT mask on.

I'm a fan of full head coverage.

Used to do therapy on people with scrambled brains from various accidents. You do NOT want to go there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.