paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Cheating in paintball

In Reply to: Makes sense... posted by Team_Knightmare_Tango on August 16, 2003 at 15:39:40:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on August 17, 2003 at 00:53:25

Just to correct for one general tone in this forum, cheating is not just the domain of tourneys. I see it most often actually in pick-up rec ball games at your local field since there are more inexperienced and first time players there.

The way I handle it, I'll admit that it borders on an elitest additude. Baiscally, I take what I expect from others on the field, and I exceed those standards. ANY time I have a question on if a glancing shot broke on me, I call for a paintcheck. If I think I'm 80% sure I shot somebody out and they're not walking, I NEVER yell at them to leave, I call a paintcheck. Just about every week I have an occation where I'm outplayed and get hit and I'll call myself without even checking for a break if I think it is inevitable I'm going out and looking for paint will break the flow of the game.

I also look at it as cheating WILL occur, and deal with it as it comes. I never look at somebody as a cheater till know for absolute fact that somebody did. Once that happens, then any time I play against them where they will have the temptation to cheat, overkill and very aggresive play is my standard.

That means that if they wipe, I shoot them 3 times instead of once. If I think they'll be busy wipping a hit and are close, I'll bunker when I think they're in the act. If they're blind shooting, I'll unload a hopper on their bunker or outflank them.

Because of my approach to the game, even if a player doesn't like me I still have their respect in how I play the game. If you're a regular then even if you are quite, people will notice you are playing against a cheater differentely than anybody else.

Unless that cheater has the same level of respect on the field (which I've never seen), then the cheater will be treated differently on and off the field. Eventually, they will notice that and usually within half a day. Every time I've seen that so far, that cheater either is never seen again or is never caught cheating again.

So I think there is a problem with cheating just as the previous post said their is everywhere. But I do think it's less of a problem in paintball than other sports. We haven't hit the stage of institutionalized steroid use or throwing games for organized gambeling yet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.