paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

what I saw as a ref

In Reply to: SPORTSMANSHIP MISSING IF FOUND PLEASE CALL...... posted by BOB on September 15, 2003 at 21:15:32:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
BOB "PAPPABOAR" LLOYD
on September 16, 2003 at 19:37:53

To answer the question as to my personal experiance. Yes I did find a few players with hits some were the hidden type wich might not have been noticed. While others I personaly would have at the very least called for a personal paint check of the reffing staff or a team mate. Now during my time on the field I was checking both sides often walking( yes walking I dont run fast less some one yells dinner)right through some major fire fights. I tried to be first fair and second make sure eliminated players from both sides didnt get bonus balled while trying to leave the battle. Oh yeah as a side note I helped run a field here for almost 2 years most of my time was spent on the field reffing and training refs on how to stay in the action without giving away hidden players or blocking line of sight while still being an effective agent of calling players as soon as the hit takes place. As for the players I personaly called out while a few of them were stretching my ideals of fair play most of them say 90% either called them selves out or I was on them the moment the hit took place and none gave me any problem, most were glad to let me get them out of the fight without being over shot.
Im not going to disagree with you Gary about things not always being what it seems, and I wasnt picking out specific individuals cause as you now most people are hard to tell apart in the middle of a fire fight. but its like this there was enough people seen doing some pretty blatent rule breaking that some thing had to be done... else old man trouble was gonna come visiting.. and he was gonna bring his whole family for the weekend.
When I heard of people packing up to leave or worse, the phrase "Well if they can do it..."
You know, nobody... I mean nobody, is perfect... but what happened this weekend just wasnt fun for a lot of people especially the newer players and the young ones. Guys somethings got to change or the sports gonna die. If wasnt for a recent positive experiances I had at the at Old River,First Strike, the 24hrs Jail House game and the Combat Park, I dont know if I would think this sport was worth saving. But thanks to those people who still play for FUN I have met at all these games, I'm still playing and so are a lot of others.
So what do you guys think is the game worth saving for you.

Pappaboar
capt RECON1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.