paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

SPORTSMANSHIP MISSING IF FOUND PLEASE CALL......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
BOB "PAPPABOAR" LLOYD
on September 15, 2003 at 21:15:32

Looks like I'm gonna be the first one to say my piece about the sportsmanship ... or the lack of it wich ruined a perfectly good weekend for a lot of people in Ocala this weekend.
First off I want to be very specific here not every body at this event is to be blamed with the actions I and many other fellow players witnessed. there were some very honest and stand up players to be found on the field and to you folks I want to say thanks especialy to the Posse and Double Threat teams Who I saw with my own eyes were stand up players.and there were more included in this group and you guys I dont mean any slight by not metioning you specifically. Im only human I cant remeber I saw who did play by the rules, but to those who did, from me and many others I fought beside Thank you.

Now to the ones of you that think check your hopper.. means wipe off the hit...
or the guys who were repeatedly stiched with white paint, and waited till the over whelmed Ref staff finally saw your hits and called you out....
or the guy who thinks a 280 is a starting point for you guns velocity and not the high limit... or the guy..... you see a patten here....
Guys some of you know me most dont but I will tell you when I see guys walking off the field talking about just going home and the game not even 3 hours old, cause shooting the same guy over and over and watching him play on .. just isnt fun. I had to say some thing. No I had to do some thing.... I put down my marker and volentered with two of my other team mates to Ref. Did it make A diferance, I like to think so. Did we want to do it, not really but the Reffing staff for several understandable reasons was over whelmed, and it was better to offer a help full solution than to just run up and start friending at them.. to do a job that I didnt want to do my self. or to compleatly blow up at the cheeter and get thrown off the field or worse in jail.... and to some of you guys doing the cheeting... be very glad we had some cooler heads on our side, to head off a calm down some others who werent thinking to clearly after beeing lit up by dead players with hot guns.. what I fear is this sport is gonna get a very bad name for it self when one day the wrong guy is gonna have no body to stop him.... and well you do the math. the results are gonnna be death nell for our sport.

moral ... if you really enjoy this game... learn to play better and by the rules ... that way the game will prosper.... if you gotta cheat ... just remeber when the last field goes out of buisness due to lack of attendance... or the sport is outlawed due to the violence it will eventualy come too. Then just remeber you had a hand it that and feel proud for your self .... CAUSE THE REST OF US SURE AS HELL WONT.
Pappaboar
Bobby Lloyd
Cpt Recon1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.