paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: Oklahoma D-day - What a Whinner

In Reply to: Oklahoma D-day - What a Whinner posted by Prussianman1 on January 11, 2004 at 13:33:10:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
James "FlashTX" Peterson
on January 12, 2004 at 09:18:48

: I don't get it. On one hand all you do is complain. Than you talk about how great the game is and how much fun you had. Yea, one guy caused a problem - And he was in your French unit. One gut out of over 3200 players and over 7000 people total. Yea, there were problems with air re-fill equipment going down. I don't know anything about hot guns. You complain about people being out of bounds and on most of the field you can go as far as you want - there are no boundaries. I think you just complain because you lost. And lost 3 years in a row. What a pussy excuse to say the producer fixed the game so you couldn't win. You're right it doesn't matter what you Americans do. Go ahead and attack the airfield first, skip the Wall and St Lo until later. It won't matter. With player attitudes like you it won't matter.

Umm...there are difinately some "quirks" to the D-Day game. I attended in '03 and early in the game elliminated the lead German general and his entire command staff...only to be berated by him for shooting him from "out of bounds" (the ref wasn't sure of the call, so I plugged my gun and walked...I'd had a good run and shot almost my entire pack). This was one of several "odd" (that's me being polite) things that occured during the event, but I think the basic problem is a loose organization of the event and the need for more/better edjucated referees. The field itself is exceptionately good and also HUGE...that makes the refing situation more complex I'm sure. There seems a tendancy (from posts here and elsewhere) for some folks to blow off some of the criticism of the event that comes out, I feel like this at times hinders rather than helps the D-Day game to grow, evolve and improve.

Hopefully things will improve in terms of safety and reffing...I did have fun playing paintball at the event and wish the best to any who make the trip to try it out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.