paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

RPG almost ready. Feedback on my thinking.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 02, 2003 at 13:50:50

After one of my GOOD discharges where everything seemed to work and I had my supply air turned off. I noticed I still had 60 psi left. Enough for a lame second shot without recharging the resevior.

Is my thinking correct here?

That would suggest I have more resevior volume than I need?

Or is that just par for the course and normal operation if you release the trigger after a shot.

I'm playing with it this weekend as is, but I would sure like to reduce the weight of that resevior before May 15th next game.

FYI:
The volume calculated for my barrel is 301 ci.
The volume calculated for the resevior is 678 ci.

About double that someone suggested as a rule of thumb that DID get it working for me....

I'm tearing up my Nerfs. Won't have any to play with at the rate I'm going.

So don't make my mistakes guys.

Chain link fence and Nerfs are incompatable. Rips the fins right OFF!

Aiming at a hard surface target at 200 fps at 60 feet will break the internal stem.

I had some luck using a Dremel tool with a round bit on it to hollow out the nose portion so I could pop in a paintball to mark a tank if I hit it. Broke well each time 2" spot. Then I started loosing the ball during flight. A little experimentation or super glue might be worth researching....

Interestly, two balls hit the target while the Nerf missed it. One was a bounce off the ground for sure. Fluke probably..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.