paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

hey, thanks, guys! 'n somemore to chew on.... haha

In Reply to: bit of weird stuff to ask, but may make senselater posted by Peter Jones on May 11, 2003 at 07:39:43:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Peter Jones

on May 11, 2003 at 16:46:39

ok, i guess, to get better help, i need to give better information, and also since i wont be physically around for a while, probably long after full auto cannons are around, lol, if not in use on fields, :p, then i can be a little less secretive.
basically, ive been working for a long time on my computer with some designs for tanks, and also, billyou helped me to realize my heli idea is "cute" but just wont do, lol. anyway, my latest trial is a small, 2 person tank, with a turret that rotates roughly 180 degreees (90 left, and 90 right) not unlike the "mini" version tj put on his tank designs page of armored fist. theres some minor differences, not enough to validate listing. anyway, the big difference is in the turret. i was originally going to go with something remotely close to what the freak had (speaking of which, i know he sold it, but where did jim go? hes never posting anything here), with 2 98c's, flatlined,warp fed, and probably off co2, doubled up on a single bracket to rotate in asimuth and elevation together. anyway, you get the picture. i have seen the pages that tj got his lans for the revolver cannon (www.techleague.com), and the semi auto cannon (www.xinventions.com), and i have not purchased plans yet, but i was planning to modify and incorporate, just as tj does, to a semi auto revolving cannon. i also dont see why it would not be feasable to take the revolver and modify it to accept a belt instead, to accommodate more ammo. this belt thing may be too much space for my little tank idea, so i might put it on that big sucker i been working on. anyway, seeing how one of the source-cannon plans stated that it was fully recharged in 3 seconds, i found that to be unacceptable for a true semiauto, though that cannon may not be. also need to note that THAT was combustable type cannon, so air will travel differently (im not making combusting, just to be clear). so on spudtech.com, i saw a cannon that had 2 valves in it, side by side. they both went to the same pressure chamber, so it was just for added airflow, so that small valves could be used, i guess. i dunno, but anway, it got me thinking, what if i made 2 pressure chambers for 1 cannon, with a different trigger for either chamber, as the valves would be electric sprinkler, duh. also, ( i know youre thinking "geeze, this guys got a lot in his mouth" lol) i was thinking of making the tank carry 2, 1 on either side of the gunner. with 2 cannons, and 2 trigger frames per cannon, thats 4 trigger frames. WRONG! if i just loop the #1 chamber for both cannons with 1 frame, making the #2 cannon a deselectable unit, and the same thing with the #2 chamber of both cannons tied to the #2 trigger, with the #1 cannon as selectable. ill draw something in paint to demonstrate later, not too long, probably as soon as im done with this, lol. ok, now for the pressure switches and leds.
ok, i am in the us army aviation logistics school, advanced attack armament division, learning about how to fix longbow apaches, and graduate in 30 days, yay!!! been here since november, with no car (here,i have a car, but am not allowed to drive it, so i got a bike, but dont tell anyone, cuz im nor supposed to have one, lol) anyway, all the switches have backlights on the apache, and one that caught my eye was the one that said "arm" i know htat would catch everyones eye, lol!! anyway (wow i say that alot), i figured that if i could rig a pressure switch in each chamber rigged to an led for each on an "armament" panel in front of the gunner, along with a couple cannon selection switches. come to think of this, i think i wanna add a couple "selection" ball valves. not for actually firing, but if i want to disable a cannon or chamber (doesnt work, etc) i wont send air into the chamber when not needed. hmmm, ok, yeah i was hoping to find something that i could get to go red when charging, and green when ready. i also thought along your lines bill, with the fire when ready, but im thinking that if i rigged it to be full auto like that, with 2 triggers id run into timing issues (double feed with a double shot of air) and might jam. though i could make it just 1 chamber each, and it would work as a full auto, but i think recharge would be such that it would take longer per shot, and so while it acts as full auto, it would be slower than a
double-trigger dual-semi, lol!
one last thing, i was also thinking of adding a TADS to the cannons for more accurate targeting. (tads is target aquisition and designation system)
how id do that is id mount a small video camera (x10 or whatever is cheap) to the underside of 1 of the barrels, with a line to a 5" b n w tv in the turret mounted 45 deg. above or below the gunners line of sight. also, next to the camera would be a range finder. both would be powered by the electric batteries for the tank. rangefinder ithink would be within the gunners reach, cuz i dunno enough bout data busses to get a panel display of the range. anyway, i wouldput some saran wrap on the screen, bust out my magic marker, and mark turret centerline, based on shots, and a variable crosshatch for elevation and distance, also, maybe a red dot on the saran wrap to designate the exact l.o.s. of the range finder. this tads is very similar to the dayside of the apache tads. well, i think thats finally it
oh, why im going to be busy for 6 --now 5.5 to 5--
years. im now in VA in school. june i graduate, and go home for a couple weeks. then i got to texas till next may, getting our brand-new-just-off-the-shelf ah64d's broke in, and me too, cuz this school only gets me aquainted with the aircraft, not my actual job (armament, avionics, and electronics repairman [and ammo-loader at the farps]). but anyway, im going to be attached to the 2/6 cav, so ill be headed to germany next may till atleast may 2006. then i come back stateside for at least a year,then who knows what for my last one. i had to sign up for 6 years to get into apache stuff, so i said what the heck, and jumped in. so thats why ill be busy.
-Peter
p.s. all air systems will be regulated, i aint that stupid!. oh, and on that matter, i was going to regulate each chamber AFTER they Y off so that each chamber has its own reg, no back flow from 1 to the other, cuz that would just be a poorly flowing 1 chamber. not good. anyway, thats it, later-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.