paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Valve Design

In Reply to: CO2 cannon updade. posted by Michael on May 21, 2003 at 18:44:53:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 26, 2003 at 12:19:14

: I've started work on my new CO2 powered cannon. I have completed building my valve. It is desinged to use CO2 without a regulator. I'm haveing trouble with some of the seals...

In my Quest for a High Pressure Cannon Valve I was told by an manufacturing engineer that 300 psi is about as high as one can go and not get leakage past very tight tolerance and very high Quality O ring seals. Bought one to play with for about $40 rated at 275 psi. Worked on single paintballs volume wise.

I'm about to buy a used lathe and start my own valve project.

You going to be selling your valves or is this just fun and we can trade design files...?

Mine is your basic diverter valve but uses the pressure in the resevior to push it full open near instantly as soon as the O ring passes the port.

Your 900 psi design would be ideal for my goal which is a 14" barrel and gun mounted as like a grenade launcher. Requires HP and high volume to use that short of a barrel....

Inquiring minds want to know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.