paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: A halftrack perhaps?

In Reply to: A halftrack perhaps? posted by Dave _Tackleberry_ on July 13, 2003 at 01:52:08:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dave _Tackleberry_

on July 14, 2003 at 00:43:06

Ok update, the M-113 apc's used varying speed treads, not brakes to steer. Most tanks however (M-60 was the MBT then) had a hydraulic differential (i think this was mentioned before) wich can take spinning in two completely different directions at once, they slid right on top of the power pack, which could be dropped right into the tank by a crane and the axle inserted like a giant pin, and then the tank would be back in 'bidness with a good crew taking 30 minutes at best. I dont know how youd apply that to a paintball tank, but its something to start with I guess. I think your best bet might be in a elecric setup with generator powering them, and to not do any zero velocity turns lol. I dont have a clue how something like the Abrams works, if its even public knowledge, all that turbine engine stuff must have a high tech drive train atatched to it.

For the halftrack, you could have a left and right peddle for each motor, and the steering wheel for the rubber tires up front, that way it would be simple enough I guess. Maybee the front wheels having the motors would make for less breakage? I dunno it just seems like it would keep the wheels in contact with the ground tight, cause chances are your setup might have a little slack, it isnt designed by GM on auto-cad or anything and could have problems with tension.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.