paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

They have Tank on Tank at D Day

In Reply to: just tank on tank battles? posted by Tack on July 14, 2003 at 12:40:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on July 15, 2003 at 08:06:37

Saw it this year. Definately looked like a bunch of boys with their toys.

They were sure having fun. About 10 tank participated.

The basic problem is having enough tanks to show up to do a tank on tank battle. 2 or three tanks wouldn't be much of a show.

At D Day it was Sunday Morning like 9:00 right before the Final Battles. A lot of people slept in or were just getting ready to play at 10:00.

Well, there does need to be a speed limit for the nerfs. I was running 220 fps in my RPG and wound up shooting them at tanks from less than 8 feet away from my hole next to the tank reinsertion road. Broke EVERY Nerf that hit the side of the tank. I had a video photographer asked me how Far it shot. I didn't know. So we decided to find out. Raised it up about 40 degrees and it landed about 125 yards away.

At D Day all cannon and RPG shots were scored on the 18" X 24" kill plate. As a result they were trying to get close to each other. A kill plate is a small target. So they wouldn't be taking long shots from a distance.

At another field I play at ANY hit on a tank disables it for 5 minutes. It has to stay stationary but can return fire. If a tank occupant dares to get out and "REPAIR" his tank by wiping off the hit mark, they can fix themselves and resume play. A second hit anywhere on the tank within that 5 minute period is a kill. And a single hit on the kill plate is a kill as well. They do tank on tank cannon play during regular play using those rules and have a 200 fps Nerf limit.

Squad Buster Grenades will disable and kill a tank with the same rule. Everybody is carrying at least ONE Grenade bought at their store.

Ditto RPG hits.

Now that makes a lively game with just a couple of tanks attending...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.