paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: What about a reaction releasing CO2

In Reply to: What about a reaction releasing CO2 posted by Carl on July 29, 2003 at 21:15:07:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Bill "Capt Bill" Tison
on July 30, 2003 at 02:58:30

Ahhhh. Pressure regulator. Now you are getting back to paintball safety and pressure consistency.

If you want to generate and store CO2 in a pressurized vessel and meter that CO2 through a regulator to a cannon or paintball marker, you will have reasonable control of the cannon's velocity.

As to the practicality of producing CO2 "in the field", you know better than I.

Personally, I got away from CO2 because it was more expensive than compressed air stored in a scuba tank and a much bigger hassle to buy in bulk tanks of 10-40lbs. Plus, when the shooting got fast and furious, things started to freeze up. And, when the ambient temperatures rose, pressures rose increasing velocity and creating "hot guns".

My cannons need about 150psi to operate and of course my Tippman Flatlines require 850psi the way they are currently set up. Both pressures could be reduced through newer design improvements, but I haven't seen the cost/benefit make that worth the investment at this time.

Now my tournament marker with a working pressure of 175psi proves that I could realistically drop the 850psi requirement substantially.

BTW, just how much raw materials will it take to produce 10 lbs of liquid CO2 or its equivalent in CO2 gas?

Bill
HellFire

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.