paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Just for the record.....

In Reply to: Just for the record..... posted by Captain_Caveman on September 03, 2003 at 22:47:53:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on September 04, 2003 at 05:09:41

I don't know about the valve but...

I'm nearly done with my semi-auto cannon. I was hoping to have it ready for the Shatner event but that didn't happen. If all goes well I'll be able to use it at the MXS 'Return to Wolf's Lair' Scenario.

It's a gravity feed design. I'm figuring a short feed chute that will connect to a tray like enclosure. My latest turret should be able to accomodate a tray that holds about 2 dozen shells without much trouble. I was also thinking a purely vertical magazine that holds 5 or 6 could be done to make a man-portable version. I was envisioning something that looked like the rocket launcher used by the space marines in WarHammer 40K. The shells are 2" PVC that's 7" long. They're meant to handle Nerf rockets but would easily accomodate a couple of foam disks sandwiching a load of paintballs or just about any other sort of paintball sabot that fits within a 7" length of 2" PVC.

I also have to setup the extractor pin and ejector but I really think that will be pretty easy. After that it's merely a matter of setting up the pressure chamber/air system. I'm thinking about pulling the one currently on the Tiger's cannon just for testing.

The whole feed mechanism and extractor/ejector is loosley based on the belt-fed semi-auto potato cannon design done by Lee Cross. I simply rotated the design 180 degrees to use a gravity feed and get rid of the complications of a belt feed system.

With a little luck I should be able to test the basic function of it this coming weekend. I'll probably add the extractor/ejector after that. So depending on how the other problems in my life go (my truck is still MIA) will determine when I can get this done. So far though it looks extremely promising.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.