paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Rear Engine Vehicles

In Reply to: Re: Rear Engine Vehicles posted by OAF on September 25, 2003 at 11:38:56:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Kyle McWilliam

on October 05, 2003 at 23:47:41

: I have 2 suggestions for a rear engine PAY.

: Start with an old VW beetle. It is rear engine rear wheel drive.

the vw beetle is what the sandrail buggies and chenowiths are built from normally. if you want to build a mid-engine type vehicle(engine in front of the rear axle(s) you can rebuild the tranny in a different way and have it spin the wheels the opposite way.

: Or start with a front engine, front wheel drive solid axle vehicle. Then flip the drive axle upside-down. The former forward gears will then drive the vehicle in the other direction. Thus driving forwards, the engine would be in the rear. I can not take credit for this idea though, I saw it work on Junk Yard Wars.

i don't think that you'd ever find a front wheel drive solid axle vehicle.

sandrails are meant to go FAST. i'd suggest using a suzuki samurai or a pre 1985 toyota 4x4(solid axle front instead of IFS). pop it in 4-low and it'll crawl along happily all day over pretty much anything you'll find at a paintball field.

: The problem with this is steering. The only work-arounds I can think of would be to use axles off of a second vehicle. I hope you have a good junk yard nearby.

if you want to try and peice something together, your best bet for steering/non-driven front end is, again, a beetle front end.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.